Motivational Quotes 5
That the birds of worry and care fly over your head, this you cannot change, but that they build nests in your hair, this you can prevent.
- Chinese proverb
I remember James Clavell’s Tai-Pan back in the 80’s. The Tai-pan (CEO) of the giant trading house was quizzed about how he could juggle so many priorities, crises and intrigues all at the same time and still remain so calm.
He said that the only way you could do it was to place each of these worries in a separate little box in your brain and close the door on that box when you weren’t dealing with it. Otherwise, you get overwhelmed. Neat trick. One that deserves our attention.
- Announcements (61)
- Executive Career Management Articles (44)
- Personal Leadership Articles (42)
- Executive Job Search Articles (34)
- Personal Marketing Articles (16)
- Executive Resume Articles (14)
- LinkedIn Articles (12)
- Career Paths & Models Articles (12)
- Tools & Resources (10)
- Personal Value Proposition Articles (9)
- Interview Skills Articles (9)
- Networking Articles (8)
- Career Assessment Articles (5)
- Career Change Articles (5)
- Career Transition Articles (4)
- Personal Development Articles (2)
- Personal Branding Articles (1)
- Career Development Articles (1)