An Ideal Career for Everyone?
One of the first roadblocks to making a career change, and this causes a lot of people to rot in their existing job, is that assumption or feeling that there is one right answer. One magic profession, that if it could be identified, would be the solution to everything. So, in the absence of finding the “right answer,” people stay put. But, while they stay put, life goes on.
In my experience, some, and only some people, have a specific thing that they “find” and in which they can be happy for the rest of their lives. Some people know. Some people analyze their way to the answer. A surprising number of people stumble upon the answer. This may be you, but if you don’t know now, you should accept that fact that there might not be just one perfect profession for you.
The trick is to move in the right direction
If you are stagnating in one field, figure out what interests you and move in that direction. Understand your core values and see how you can get those filled. Pick something that utilizes your natural talents and abilities better. Do any of these (and ideally, combine them), and you are well on your way to moving CLOSER to what is going to fulfill you than what you have now.
If you do this, you will learn more about yourself and you will be in a better position. Stay, because your new choice is working well for you, or move again, but this time, with even greater understanding of what makes you tick.
Ultimately, I don’t think there is an ideal career for everyone. For some people, absolutely yes, but not for everyone.
- Announcements (60)
- Executive Career Management Articles (42)
- Personal Leadership Articles (42)
- Executive Job Search Articles (34)
- Uncategorized (15)
- Personal Marketing Articles (16)
- Executive Resume Articles (14)
- LinkedIn Articles (12)
- Career Paths & Models Articles (12)
- Tools & Resources (10)
- Personal Value Proposition Articles (9)
- Interview Skills Articles (9)
- Networking Articles (8)
- Career Assessment Articles (5)
- Career Change Articles (5)
- Career Transition Articles (4)
- Personal Development Articles (2)
- Personal Branding Articles (1)
- Career Development Articles (1)