Career Coaching & Career Advice Blog
The articles you need to create
a successful and fulfilling career journey.
My Mom said get your foot in the door...
You know, there isn’t a lot of room these days for the old-fashioned door-knocking job search and sales method. Or is there?
I have a client who, in his past, won his 2 jobs simply by showing up at reception and asking to speak to someone. They didn’t offer him a job then and there, obviously, but he got his foot in the door.
Currently (as I write this), he is interviewing at a company with the perfect job for him - simply because he did a bit of homework, and showed up at their office. He has a background that is close to their candidate profile. And, he is presentable. The opportunity wasn’t advertised. In fact, they told him they were hiring, but already had a short-list. Then, a week later, the phone rang.
I am not suggesting this tactic for everyone, but it makes you think. You never know.
- Announcements (11)
- Executive Career Management Articles (43)
- Personal Leadership Articles (21)
- Executive Job Search Articles (34)
- Personal Marketing Articles (17)
- Executive Resume Articles (14)
- LinkedIn Articles (11)
- Career Paths & Models Articles (8)
- Tools & Resources (4)
- Personal Value Proposition Articles (9)
- Interview Skills Articles (9)
- Networking Articles (8)
- Career Assessment Articles (4)
- Career Change Articles (5)
- Career Transition Articles (5)
- Personal Development Articles (3)
- Personal Branding Articles (1)
- Career Development Articles (1)
- interview coaching (1)