Back in Boston, 2001, I walked into a book store looking for a replacement journal and found, well, something special. Moleskine. The black cover. Cloth bookmark. And the history. Used by Van Gogh, Matisse, Hemingway, and others. Well, I was sold. With a shelf full of full Moleskine journals later, I have been hooked ever since.
Don’t get me wrong. I am a happy Mac user. However, I have never found a better or more gratifying substitute for writing my thoughts, ideas, inspirations or lists. And, I am on a quest that has not ended yet (although I sincerely hope it will), to develop an organizational system that works perfectly for me.
To my delight, I have discovered over the last couple of days a global community of Moleskine fans. It is always gratifying to know that you are not alone in a minor obsession.
Personal productivity tools impact personal effectiveness - and that certainly falls under the heading of career management in my book. So, off and on, I will be sharing a bit about how I organize myself - and more importantly, tips and tools that I pick up from others more knowledgeable than I. Of course, expect to hear more about my beloved Moleskine journal as well. Happy writing!
- Announcements (60)
- Executive Career Management Articles (43)
- Personal Leadership Articles (42)
- Executive Job Search Articles (34)
- Uncategorized (15)
- Personal Marketing Articles (16)
- Executive Resume Articles (14)
- LinkedIn Articles (12)
- Career Paths & Models Articles (12)
- Tools & Resources (10)
- Personal Value Proposition Articles (9)
- Interview Skills Articles (9)
- Networking Articles (8)
- Career Assessment Articles (5)
- Career Change Articles (5)
- Career Transition Articles (4)
- Personal Development Articles (2)
- Personal Branding Articles (1)
- Career Development Articles (1)