I have just returned from a fantastic vacation in Quebec and wanted to apologize for my blogging silence over the few weeks.
We were gone for 3 weeks, which for me is a long time. Two weeks at a lake, as well as time in Montreal and beautiful Quebec City. I did a few things that really worked well...
* I totally unplugged for 8 days in the middle of the vacation time. No cell phone. No email. It helped that I was at a lake where if I wanted to make a call I would have to hike up a hill into the forest and stand amidst the bugs. Taking a complete break like this is like resetting your computer. I am recharged, my mind is clear, and I am ready to go.
* At the beginning and end of the vacation, I checked email and voice mail once every 2 days and was able to deal with a few (but not many) situations.
Blogging and newsletter production suffered, but I know you, dear reader, will understand.
If you are taking vacation time this summer, I hope you have the opportunity to "power down" as well.
- Announcements (60)
- Executive Career Management Articles (43)
- Personal Leadership Articles (42)
- Executive Job Search Articles (34)
- Uncategorized (15)
- Personal Marketing Articles (16)
- Executive Resume Articles (14)
- LinkedIn Articles (12)
- Career Paths & Models Articles (12)
- Tools & Resources (10)
- Personal Value Proposition Articles (9)
- Interview Skills Articles (9)
- Networking Articles (8)
- Career Assessment Articles (5)
- Career Change Articles (5)
- Career Transition Articles (4)
- Personal Development Articles (2)
- Personal Branding Articles (1)
- Career Development Articles (1)