Blogging from the Volkswagen dealership
Car servicing taking a lot longer than I had budgeted. Feeling grateful right now, in no particular order, for wireless, my iPod, Starbucks, and my Moleskine journal.
Struck up a conversation with a fellow customer over my Powerbook. (Apple...I think I just made a sale for you!)
Neat guy. A young, accomplished immigrant with finance and accounting designations, a US Masters education, and great finance / IT work experience.
He has found out that the market gets nervous about finance and accounting managers trained in other countries.
Faced with that reality, he has figured out a niche for cleaning up ERP implementations, and is doing really well, thank-you very much.
Is the market underutilizing this talent, and other highly qualified immigrants. Yes. Has he figured out a way to double and triple his income? Absolutely. I am not worried about him.
- Announcements (60)
- Executive Career Management Articles (43)
- Personal Leadership Articles (42)
- Executive Job Search Articles (34)
- Uncategorized (15)
- Personal Marketing Articles (16)
- Executive Resume Articles (14)
- LinkedIn Articles (12)
- Career Paths & Models Articles (12)
- Tools & Resources (10)
- Personal Value Proposition Articles (9)
- Interview Skills Articles (9)
- Networking Articles (8)
- Career Assessment Articles (5)
- Career Change Articles (5)
- Career Transition Articles (4)
- Personal Development Articles (2)
- Personal Branding Articles (1)
- Career Development Articles (1)