Get a weekly dose of actionable career advice, insights, and resources to keep the business of YOU on track.
- from the desk of Ian Christie
CEO & Executive Career Coach
We hate spam too. Unsubscribe at any time.
Seth Godin on Funk
Marketing guru Seth Godin posted a great quote. He applies it to marketing. Have a read:
“What Bootsy said: Here’s some profound marketing thought from Bootsy Collins.
“You have to bring some funk to get some. You just can’t walk in a place and expect to get some funk. If you ain’t bring no funk, then you can’t get no funk… Another thing is, you can’t fake the funk or your nose will grow.”“
Now, if this quote resonates with you, think about your work. Your career. Your solobusiness. Doesn’t it apply brilliantly to what you bring to your employer, workplace, and clients? Doesn’t it speak to not only what you bring, but how you deliver value. It also references an age old truth that in order to get, you have to give.
- Announcements (11)
- Executive Career Management Articles (43)
- Personal Leadership Articles (21)
- Executive Job Search Articles (33)
- Personal Marketing Articles (16)
- Executive Resume Articles (14)
- LinkedIn Articles (11)
- Career Paths & Models Articles (8)
- Tools & Resources (4)
- Personal Value Proposition Articles (8)
- Interview Skills Articles (9)
- Networking Articles (8)
- Career Assessment Articles (4)
- Career Change Articles (5)
- Career Transition Articles (4)
- Personal Development Articles (2)
- Personal Branding Articles (1)
- Career Development Articles (1)
- interview coaching (1)