Talking about yourself
Just off the phone with a Toronto client. She is in the running for a big internal promotion and in my opinion, makes an excellent candidate.
However, while she can talk with passion about the organization and her teams, she has a heck of time summoning that energy to talk about and sell herself. This is so common. Often, the most successful people are the worst at communicating what they do, what they’ve done, and how they do it.
If this is you, don’t feel bad. You aren’t alone.
Now, get over it. Selling yourself is a prerequisite to moving ahead in this complicated world of work. And in order to sell yourself, you need to understand what you are selling.
- Announcements (60)
- Executive Career Management Articles (42)
- Personal Leadership Articles (42)
- Executive Job Search Articles (34)
- Uncategorized (15)
- Personal Marketing Articles (16)
- Executive Resume Articles (14)
- LinkedIn Articles (12)
- Career Paths & Models Articles (12)
- Tools & Resources (10)
- Personal Value Proposition Articles (9)
- Interview Skills Articles (9)
- Networking Articles (8)
- Career Assessment Articles (5)
- Career Change Articles (5)
- Career Transition Articles (4)
- Personal Development Articles (2)
- Personal Branding Articles (1)
- Career Development Articles (1)