Career Boosting Tip #2: Journal
You can feel the momentum and inertia of all of your professional and personal roles building and we aren’t half way through January yet.
There is a natural energy to the New Year. If you haven’t already, Schedule time in your calendar for some planning.
Personally, I write in my Moleskine, but whatever works for you.
Book some uninterrupted time to try and learn from the previous year and shape the new year.
How do you feel about your job and career progress?
What did you learn about yourself?
What do you want more of?
What do you want less of?
What would you like to change, be, do, and make happen?
If you already have a personal plan, how are you progressing?
These aren’t resolutions. What I am suggesting is a few hours of quiet time for a personal check-up to seriously ask yourself, how am I doing?
- Announcements (61)
- Executive Career Management Articles (44)
- Personal Leadership Articles (42)
- Executive Job Search Articles (34)
- Personal Marketing Articles (16)
- Executive Resume Articles (14)
- LinkedIn Articles (12)
- Career Paths & Models Articles (12)
- Tools & Resources (10)
- Personal Value Proposition Articles (9)
- Interview Skills Articles (9)
- Networking Articles (8)
- Career Assessment Articles (5)
- Career Change Articles (5)
- Career Transition Articles (4)
- Personal Development Articles (2)
- Personal Branding Articles (1)
- Career Development Articles (1)