Career Coaching & Career Advice Blog
The articles you need to create
a successful and fulfilling career journey.
Get Ian's Weekly Newsletter
A weekly dose of insightful, actionable & motivational career advice for executives, managers & professionals. Keep the Business of You on track.
Delivered every Saturday at 7am PT.
Not Engaged at Work? Use these Questions to Move Forward
Is Your Current Job Worthy of Your Ambitions?
How to Answer Change Management Interview Questions
How to Answer 'Tell Me About Yourself' in an Interview
What's Your Professional Theme this year?
I have a simple strategy for how to dramatically level-up your career growth, well-being, and success as a manager, executive or other professional.
Here it is: Take stock of your career situation and the road ahead by first identifying the current career energies driving you now, and second, defining your professional theme(s) or career theme for the coming year.
In order to make progress, take more ownership, and be more intentional about your professional journey, taking stock of your situatio…
Executive Search: Dealing with Confidential Hiring Processes
As a potential candidate in an executive search, you may find yourself in a confidential hiring process. That might be with a job posting that does not reveal the hiring company. You might also receive a call from a recruiter, or search firm one day to talk about an opportunity, but they will hold back on the company name. If this makes you nervous, I can understand how you feel. However, there are several good reasons why a company might want to conduct a confidential search.
What is a Confident…
- Announcements (3)
- Executive Career Management Articles (40)
- Personal Leadership Articles (17)
- Executive Job Search Articles (28)
- Personal Marketing Articles (15)
- Executive Resume Articles (13)
- LinkedIn Articles (11)
- Career Paths & Models Articles (8)
- Tools & Resources (3)
- Personal Value Proposition Articles (7)
- Interview Skills Articles (8)
- Networking Articles (7)
- Career Assessment Articles (4)
- Career Change Articles (5)
- Career Transition Articles (5)
- Personal Development Articles (3)
- Personal Branding Articles (1)
- Career Development Articles (3)
- interview coaching (1)