Strategic interview analysis, mock interviews, advice, feedback & training for mid-level & executive interviews. Don't let rusty Interview skills or poor strategy stand in the way of landing the job you're meant to have.
The interview is one of those key career pivot points. It is a gate to change and growth. You can develop greater competence in this area with interview coaching services and a mock interview – even to the point where the interview becomes a moment when you shine.
It is time you mastered the Interview
I want to share with you the strategies, tips, techniques and tools that I have developed in my 20+ years interviewing executives, managers, professionals & business students. I want to help you make that link between what you offer and the underlying requirements of the job. Over the years, as an executive recruiter, Monster.com manager, career coach and consultant, and columnist to the largest career sites in the world, I have done 1000’s of interviews.
How can an Interview Coach help me?
Understand Interviewing Theory
- Interview & Question types including behavioural theory
- Analysis of buyer needs
- Analysis of your match and gaps
- Your response: connecting the dots and storytelling
- How to lead with your strengths and bolster your weaknesses
Gain Confidence & Skill with Live Interview Practice & Feedback
- Get practice performing under pressure and receive supportive, but candid feedback on the impression you are making
- Get help anticipating specific questions & designing responses
Get Expert Advice & Strategy on Opportunities
- We help you anticipate and preparing for the employer’s concerns about gaps in your offering and questions
- Insights on key selling points and focus areas
- Expert strategy as you move from 1st to subsequent interviews
Clarify and sharpen your presentation
Identify and craft your stories in response to behavioural interviewing questions
Design a strategic response to the requirements of the role. Clarify both areas of strength and the gaps in your candidacy
Speak to both the stated and implicit requirements of the job opportunity
And of course ...
Dramatically Raise your Interviewing Game
... so that you put yourself in a position where you can say no, or yes.
Who Can Benefit from Interview Coaching?
Getting expert help for a specific interview or in advance of the expected interview phase of your job search or internal promotion process is a very smart investment when:
- You have been out of the job search game for awhile
- You have no idea or a very fuzzy idea what behavioural interviewing is
- You have an upcoming internal promotion opportunity
- You are trying to make a career change
- You have a lot riding on your interviewing performance
- Your experience is complex
- You are not clear how to connect the dots between what you offer and the requirements of the job
Trick Question: Why Interview?
I know what you are thinking. This is a no-brainer question. Actually, it isn’t. If your response is “To get the job,” I would challenge you on that. In fact, I’d like to suggest that your interview objective should be to win the opportunity to take the next step in the interview process (if you choose to). There's two key reasons for this:
First, hiring is a process. If you are gunning to get hired in the first interview (which tends to be about gate keeping), then you have the wrong objective. Your goal in that interview should simply be to get through the gate. At some point in the process, the next step is the job offer, and that’s great. But recognize that not all interviews are created equal. Adjust your goal to the stage in the process.
Second, I am making an important point about your relationship to the opportunity. It is a two-way street, or should be. You have the power to say no, to elect not to continue in the process. Use that power as you go through the process. It will free you up and lessen that all too common performance anxiety that occurs in this scary thing called an interview.
How to Perform in an Interview
Interviewing successfully requires that you articulate and sell the link between what you offer and the buyer’s requirements. You are called on to demonstrate your level of competency in key job areas, sell your knowledge of the industry, and demonstrate fit. And amidst this selling, you need to be assessing your own sense of fit and suitability – for the job, the people, the culture and as a next step in your career. Beyond these fundamentals, you are also creating rapport with your potential future colleagues. In the end, it is about how well you have answered their implicit question: “Why you?”
The key pillars to interviewing well are:
- Interviewing for a job that is a fit
- A strong level of self-awareness about your professional offering
- A true level of interest or curiosity about the opportunity
- Strong technical performance and avoidance of the red flags
- Insightful understanding of the hiring organization and the position being filled
- The ability to connect the dots between your background, competencies, expertise and track record of performance with their needs.
Here is a selection of our interview coaching articles:
- Interview Question: Tell me about yourself
- Interview Question: Why are you interested in this job?
- Interview Question: Why should we hire you?
- Interview Type: Nail that interview presentation
- Interview Thank-you Protocol: How to follow-up after interviewing
- Interview Thank-you Protocol: The effectiveness of interview follow-up letters
- Get Interview Feedback – published on Monster.com
- 4 Part series on common interview questions – published on Monster.com
Interview Skills & Strategy Course
Whether you’ve just landed an interview and are scrambling to prepare, or are taking a proactive approach to leveling-up your skills and getting market ready for future career moves, I’m here to help.
This course represents my deep knowledge and experience in the field and I’ve taken care to provide you with a learning resource that will transform your understanding of and performance in the interview.
Put Our Experience in Interview Coaching to Work
- Clarify and sharpen your presentation
- Identify and craft your stories in response to behavioural interviewing questions
- Design a strategic response to the requirements of the role. Clarify both areas of strength and the gaps in your candidacy
- Speak to both the stated and implicit requirements of the job opportunity
The interview coaching services on this page are born from my experience, including thousands of interviews, proven with hundreds of clients, and validated by the expert status accorded by Monster.com and other major job boards, the MBA programs that call on BoldCareer for interviewing solutions, and the TV, print radio and online media that rely on BoldCareer for expert input on interviewing and other career management skills.
Get prepared for your upcoming opportunity
Live Opportunity? Feel confident and prepared to compete for your target role.
If you have an immediate or upcoming specific career opportunity, Feel confident and prepared by working with our team as a hiring process expert and strategy partner to helping with your resume, cover letter and LinkedIn profile to preparing for and de-briefing interviews to supporting you during negotiations to designing a successful onboarding plan. Starting at ...
Executive Candidate Solutions
Live Opportunity? Feel confident and prepared to compete for your target role.
If you have an immediate or upcoming executive or senior level opportunity, working with one of our experienced coaches will help you feel prepared and confident by acting as a hiring process expert. Our career coaches help you navigate the different stages of the hiring process from your campaign strategy, to articulating your professional identity with your resume, cover letter and LinkedIn profile, to preparing for and de-briefing interviews, to supporting you during negotiations and to designing a successful onboarding plan. We can help you land that role. Starting at ...