Career Coaching & Career Advice Blog
The articles you need to create
a successful and fulfilling career journey.
Get Ian's Weekly Newsletter
A weekly dose of insightful, actionable & motivational career advice for executives, managers & professionals. Keep the Business of You on track.
Delivered every Saturday at 7am PT.
7 Professional Development Book Recommendations
Great Books on Professionalism
As a follow-up to my previous article on building a professional development reading habit, here's a selection of the 21 now 22 professional development books I've read (not including fiction and general interest non-fiction) so far this year.
Tiny Changes, Remarkable Results by James Clear: At least 70% of our daily actions are done by habit. If you want to find ways to install good habits and get rid of bad habits, this is the book. Huge recommend.
Develop a Professional Development Reading Habit
Do You Have a Growth-Oriented Daily Reading Habit?
The cumulative impact of reading about personal and professional growth-oriented subjects on a daily basis is one of the surest ways to expand as a professional and a human being. This year, I increased my professional development reading commitment: frequency (daily), quantity (shooting for 30 books) and breadth (outside of my comfort zone). For me, the results have been explosive including expanded self-awareness and effectiveness, increased un…
- Announcements (11)
- Executive Career Management Articles (43)
- Personal Leadership Articles (21)
- Executive Job Search Articles (34)
- Personal Marketing Articles (16)
- Executive Resume Articles (14)
- LinkedIn Articles (11)
- Career Paths & Models Articles (8)
- Tools & Resources (4)
- Personal Value Proposition Articles (8)
- Interview Skills Articles (9)
- Networking Articles (8)
- Career Assessment Articles (4)
- Career Change Articles (5)
- Career Transition Articles (4)
- Personal Development Articles (2)
- Personal Branding Articles (1)
- Career Development Articles (1)
- interview coaching (1)