Career Assessment Articles
Free 9-Question Career Management Assessment
Start 2019 With Smart Action: Take the Free Career Management Assessment
Are you excited about what's possible for your professional life this year? Do you have a plan to grow? We are already into February and it is very normal to lose sight of those goals or ignore the power that a new 12-month cycle brings. I'm going to guess that as the New Year rolled over, you had one of three states:
(1) excitement about continued success and growth,
(2) resolution to figure out how to fix a bad or just so-so…
Career Development During the Holidays Series: The Reflective Phase
Beyond strengthening bonds with those around you, the Holidays offer an invaluable opportunity for reflection.
In recent years, the New Year’s resolution has been battered in the media. However, there is a natural cycle occurring that we can and should benefit from. We are hardwired to wind up the old year and ring in the new. It is a natural time to reflect on where we have been and where we want to go. The Holidays also offer the potential for time off, or, depending on the business you are in…
Analyze Your Career with a Personal SWOT
Want a fresh way to size up the state of your career? How about taking a page from the business-school playbook and running a SWOT analysis? SWOT, which stands for strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats, is a simple yet powerful model MBA students use to analyze the strategic positions of companies, products or business situations. But you don't need to be an MBA to apply the SWOT technique to your own career planning.
Take a look at my most recent Monster article: Analyze Your Career …
How do you define career success?
Why is this question important?
One of the most important career and life-planning activities you can engage in is finding your own definitions or models of success. This is vitally important for a number of reasons: If you haven’t done this, how do you know what’s best for you? How can you make career decisions if you aren’t crystal clear about how you define success? How can you be happy if you don’t know when you’re successful?
If this question is relevant to you right now…
There is never a bad …
- Announcements (11)
- Executive Career Management Articles (43)
- Personal Leadership Articles (21)
- Executive Job Search Articles (33)
- Personal Marketing Articles (16)
- Executive Resume Articles (14)
- LinkedIn Articles (11)
- Career Paths & Models Articles (8)
- Tools & Resources (4)
- Personal Value Proposition Articles (8)
- Interview Skills Articles (7)
- Networking Articles (8)
- Career Assessment Articles (4)
- Career Change Articles (5)
- Career Transition Articles (4)
- Personal Development Articles (2)
- Personal Branding Articles (1)
- Career Development Articles (1)