Why Shouldn't They Hire You?
Here is a good question: Why shouldn’t they hire you? You are rightfully focused on developing a strong personal value proposition when you are in job search mode and have identified opportunities. If you want to strengthen your preparation, ask yourself why the company SHOULDN’T hire you.
What are the gaps in experience, skills or knowledge?
Is there a fit problem?
Has your presentation been weak in some way?
Is the competition likely strong?
Apply yourself to honestly answering these questions and you can do two things: First, devise a stronger sales pitch by anticipating and handling objections. Second, you might uncover a reason why this opportunity really isn’t for you. You will be doing yourself a favor if you can figure this out in advance.
- Announcements (61)
- Executive Career Management Articles (44)
- Personal Leadership Articles (42)
- Executive Job Search Articles (34)
- Personal Marketing Articles (16)
- Executive Resume Articles (14)
- LinkedIn Articles (12)
- Career Paths & Models Articles (12)
- Tools & Resources (10)
- Personal Value Proposition Articles (9)
- Interview Skills Articles (9)
- Networking Articles (8)
- Career Assessment Articles (5)
- Career Change Articles (5)
- Career Transition Articles (4)
- Personal Development Articles (2)
- Personal Branding Articles (1)
- Career Development Articles (1)