Career Coaching & Career Advice Blog
The articles you need to create
a successful and fulfilling career journey.
Get Ian's Weekly Newsletter
A weekly dose of insightful, actionable & motivational career advice for executives, managers & professionals. Keep the Business of You on track.
Delivered every Saturday at 7am PT.
Bad recruiter networking
Heather's "Marketing at Microsoft" Blog posted a really nice piece today on the true nature of networking...profiling the bad networking types, and what true networking really is. (In case you don't read it, the punchline is RELATIONSHIPS folks). I spoke on this subject last week at a presentation, so it was great to see such an insightful piece. Good read. Bad recruiter networking: ""
Job Search Tune - Up
1. WORK ON YOUR RESUME
Most people work on their resumes only when forced to. Make the time now to update first your resume data. Second, try and capture your projects and accomplishments since the last time you did this. Don’t make a huge production of it. Just get it done.
2. ASSESS YOUR SITUATION
What is the state of your industry, organization, and your position today? DO NOT automatically assume that you are immune to unpleasant or surprise changes. What can and should you do about it?
- Announcements (3)
- Executive Career Management Articles (40)
- Personal Leadership Articles (17)
- Executive Job Search Articles (28)
- Personal Marketing Articles (15)
- Executive Resume Articles (13)
- LinkedIn Articles (11)
- Career Paths & Models Articles (8)
- Tools & Resources (3)
- Personal Value Proposition Articles (7)
- Interview Skills Articles (8)
- Networking Articles (7)
- Career Assessment Articles (4)
- Career Change Articles (5)
- Career Transition Articles (5)
- Personal Development Articles (3)
- Personal Branding Articles (1)
- Career Development Articles (3)
- interview coaching (1)